2017 was a very exciting year for me in so many different ways! I graduated from college with a degree in Chemistry, moved across the country to Los Angeles, and really committed myself to pursuing my photography dream. The latter is what I want to focus on in this post!
In the last 7 months, I have grown more in my photography than I had in the entire time since I first bought my camera in March of 2015. I spent my summer reading dozens of photography articles and watching Youtube videos to teach myself how to properly use my camera, understand lighting, and be an overall better photographer. I also made my first photographer friends, shot with models for the first time, went to my first photography meet up, and finally began to see value in my work and myself. I've learned so much in such a short amount of time and I'm so excited to take in everything 2018 has to offer. Here are a few of my goals for the upcoming year!
- Be more intentional with each of my shoots from planning outfits, locations, themes, to choosing which photos to deliver and post.
- Showcase only my very best work. Quality over quantity!
- Challenge myself creatively with posing, lighting, etc.
- Do more couple sessions and second shooting. Wedding photography is a dream of mine.
- Print more of my work.
- Keep my website + blog updated and work on marketing my work in new ways.
On a more personal level, I want to make my mental and physical health a priority above everything else, be more organized, take more time to do things for ME, and be more of an encouragement to others.
I can't wait to look back at this post in a year and see the progress I've made. LET'S GO 2018!